| Golden Dynasty Construction & Consulting Ltd. is now hiring a Construction Project/ Procurement Manager in Victoria, BC.
This person will be critical in administering the project schedules, plans and specifications at the project site and monitoring site operations. The manager will also play a pivotal role in eva luating and choosing construction materials vendors and products mainly from China, arranging and managing logistics, supply chain processes and shipment of key materials from China. He/She will negotiate with construction materials suppliers in China as well as purchasing construction materials based on Canadian rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing residential, commercial and industrial construction projects as well as high level experience working with construction materials and supplies. Strong liaison and network with the construction industry and construction materials market in China are essential.
Primary job responsibilities:
• Plan, organize, direct, control and eva luate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget;
• Plan and prepare construction schedule and milestones, monitor and maintain project progress against established schedule;
• Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction projects and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems;
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports;
• Develop and implement quality control programs;
• Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control;
• Develop a supply base that meets/exceeds our quality, cost, delivery and strategic objective related to company growth and profitability;
• Communicate and execute requirements set by the company to the vendors to ensure quality of material, timely production and cost control is executed;
• Establish quality control requirements as well as quantity and specifications of all required materials;
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with construction materials suppliers in China;
• Direct the purchase of construction materials from China and export to Canada, including coordinating routing and shipments with external authorities in China and Canadian agencies as required;
• Responsible for dealing with custom clearance, communicate with Chinese and Canada (CBSA) customs, handle export and import procedures;
• In charge of final checking of all products prior to shipment from China, as well as doing the first inspection of the shipments of cargo upon receiving to ensure there is no damages;
• Communicate and coordinate with Chinese investors, clients and business partners from local and overseas market, promote company and our construction projects to them;
• Work together with top management to create high quality proposal, presentation, correspondence and materials to attract investment from capital market mainly in China.
• Minimum of 10+ years experience in construction project management, as well as construction materials industry, especially in concrete frame construction;
• Certificate of engineering, with speciality in construction project management is strongly preferred;
• A strong background in construction materials (e.g. tile, marble, porcelain, etc.), and import/export management is required;
• This role requires an individual with the personality and ability to obtain cooperation with vendors in China, have preexisting relationship with vendors is a huge asset;
• Have channel and ability to raise funds and bring new investment from overseas;
• Familiar with import and export regulations of Chinese government authorities;
• Able to travel between Canada and Asian countries;
• Language: good communication skills; English and Mandarin
Salary and Compensation: annual salary of $75,000 plus medical and dental coverage
Please send your resume to: email@example.com